The Master Builders Association is now able to assess those individuals who have been working in the building and construction industry and can demonstrate the necessary skills at a trade level through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
We can send out a qualified assessor to complete an onsite assessment or you may choose to be assessed at one of our nominated sites.
We can offer differing pathways to participants wishing to complete any of the following qualifications:
- Certificate III in Carpentry CPC30211
- Certificate III in Brick and Blocklaying CPC30111
- Certificate III in Concreting CPC30311
- Certificate III in Solid Plastering CPC31011
- Certificate III in Roof Plumbing CPC32611
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing CPC31411
- Certificate III in Wall & Ceiling Lining CPC31211
- Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling CPC31308
- Certificate III in Shopfitting CPC31808
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating CPC30611
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making LMF32109
- Certificate II in General Construction CPC20108
- Certificate I in General Construction CPC10108
Pricing for Certificate I $1800 each. $1000 non-refundable registration fee & $800 assessment fee.
Pricing for Certificate II & III $2200 each $1000 non-refundable registration fee & $1200 assessment fee.
Prices are GST exempt as they are nationally accredited courses but do not include any further skills gap training.
Assessment of current competencies pathway
This pathway has been specifically designed for building industry participants who can demonstrate competency in a specific trade area in the residential building industry.
The assessment pathway will involve an initial interview in our office. At the interview you will be issued with a participants hand book. The relevant information contained in the participant handbook is then gathered and the questions in the book answered. This information is then supplied to the assessor and an appointment can be made for an “onsite assessment” of your current competencies.
After the initial interview you will be required to gather relevant evidence to prove competency in a number of areas. This evidence will usually take the form of:
- Transcripts (or certified copies of TAFE or other relevant RTO results)
- Third party reports (or statements from relevant people confirming stated experience)
- Provision of a “portfolio” (including such things as a photographic evidence, work history and other courses completed) prepared by the participant
The initial interview will often determine if a participant is suitable for the Assessment pathway. Any skills gaps to be identified.
Once the participant is found competent a certificate will be issued.
For further information contact: